The Feed-in Tariff Scheme
What is FiTS and how does it work?
The Feed-In Tariff Scheme is underwritten by the Government to make payments to domestic or business users for the electricity they generate.
The Feed-in Tariff Scheme (FITS) was introduced in April 2010 and guarantees that owners of small-scale Solar PV systems will be paid for every kWh generated for 20 years .
- You can receive a payment for every kWh of energy generated
- You can also use the energy for free
- You will also receive 4.91p for what you don't use and which is fed back into the grid
- FiTs payments are tax-free for domestic users
- FiTs applies for 20 years from the system installation date
- FiTs payments will increase annually in line with the Retail Prices Index
- Overall you can expect up to a 10% return on your investment
- That means that if you invest in solar panels you could be be better off by up to £500 per year (without the TAX free benefit). - If you have money in the bank, you'll do well to get 2% on it
- In order for your system to qualify for Feed In Tariff scheme payments, key system elements and the installer must be Microgeneration Certification Scheme (MCS) accredited
are MCS accredited
There's more information on...
... FITS for domestic users
... FITS for business users
Please contact 2020SolarPV to discuss your details on 01386 80 2020 or get in touch
2020 Heating Limited , trading as 2020 Solar PV. Registered in England, Incorporated 1 December 2010
UK Company # 7456512 ; VAT Registration # 106 4420 53
Registered office : West View House, Neweys Hill, Northwick, Worcester, WR3 7AL
Operational office : The Old Rectory, Church Road , Strensham, Worcs, WR8 9LW